EVEN OUR WARRANTIES
GO THE EXTRA MILE.
Every Lexus is backed by a comprehensive warranty that should give you miles and miles of confidence. But in case you wanted to extend your peace of mind, you’ll find a variety of plans available, including ones for longer-term care, one that covers accessories and another in the event of a total loss of your Lexus due to theft, fire or accident. Take a look below to learn more about your standard coverage, as well as additional coverage options.
The Basic Warranty coverage is for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Wheel alignment and balancing are covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
This warranty covers repairs and adjustments needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any part supplied by Lexus, except in the following situations:
- Fire, accidents or theft.
- Abuse or negligence.
- Misuse—for example, racing or overloading.
- Improper repairs.
- Alteration or tampering.
- Lack of or improper maintenance, including use of fluids other than those specified in the Warranty and Services Guide.
- Airborne chemicals, tree sap, road debris (including stone chips), rail dust, salt, hail, floods, windstorms, lightning and other environmental conditions.
- Water contamination.
- Noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear.
- Odometer tampering so actual vehicle mileage cannot be determined.
- Inability to determine the original factory-assigned vehicle identification number.
- Any vehicle that has been issued a "salvage" title or similar title under any state’s law. This also includes cars that have been declared a "total loss" or equivalent by a financial institution or insurer, such as by payment for a claim in lieu of repairs because the cost of repairs exceeded the cash value of the vehicle. This exclusion does not apply to the emission control warranties with later usage.
- Incidental or consequential damage associated with vehicle failure. Such damages include but are not limited to inconvenience; the cost of transportation, telephone calls and lodging; the loss of personal or commercial property; and the loss of pay or revenue.
- Normal maintenance services, such as engine tune-ups; replacement of fluids and filters; lubrication; cleaning and polishing; replacement of spark plugs and fuses; and replacement of worn wiper blades, brake pads/linings and clutch linings.
- Tires, which are covered by a separate warranty provided by the tire manufacturer.
- The Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)* Program is a one-time, complimentary offer for new vehicles for the first 12 months from the date the vehicle is sold. LS, ES and RX models with Navigation System allow the driver to change settings. Please see your Lexus dealer for more information.
The Powertrain Warranty is for 72 months or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Except for the situations listed on the Basic Warranty page, this warranty covers repairs needed to fix defects in materials or workmanship of any component listed below:
Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, timing belt and cover, flywheel, oil pan, water pump, fuel pump, engine mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets
TRANSMISSION AND TRANSAXLE
Case and all internal parts, torque converter, clutch cover, mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets
Driveshaft, axle, hub, bearings, seals and gaskets
REAR-WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM
Differential carrier assembly, driveshaft, axle carrier, axle case, axle bearing, axle shaft, seals and gaskets
The Lexus Hybrid Warranty coverage is for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and covers the following components: Hybrid Battery Control Module (battery voltage sensor), Hybrid Control Module (power management control module), and Inverter with Converter.
The Lexus Hybrid Battery Warranty coverage is for ten years or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first on 2020 and newer models.
See your Lexus dealer for complete details on the Hybrid System Warranty.
CORROSION PERFORATION WARRANTY
This warranty covers repair or replacement of any original body panel that develops perforation from corrosion (rust-through), subject to the exceptions listed in the Basic Warranty page. The Corrosion Perforation Warranty coverage is for 72 months, regardless of mileage.
See your Lexus dealer for complete details on the Lexus Corrosion Perforation Warranty.
The Lexus Service Part Warranty is in effect for 12 months, regardless of mileage, from the date the part(s) was installed on the vehicle, or the remainder of any applicable new vehicle warranty, whichever provides greater coverage, with the exception of batteries. For details on service part warranty coverage for batteries, please see your Lexus dealer.
Any repair or replacement that becomes necessary because of a defect in the service part is warrantable, with the exception of the items listed under "What is not covered."
Any part for which proof of original installation or purchase date cannot be provided is not warranted.
Parts that are considered normal maintenance items, which are replaced as part of the normal maintenance service, are not warranted unless a defect in materials or workmanship is found to exist.
Labor is not warranted for over-the-counter service part replacements.
Beyond the basic warranty, we have various plans to keep you covered down the road. Because once you drive off the lot, you should be able to leave your worries behind.
A Lexus is engineered to last, so it's only natural you'd want some longer-term coverage to match. There are Vehicle Service Agreements available for purchase at any participating Lexus dealership, to cover nearly every component group in your Lexus after the factory warranty expires, and Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP) that can help ease the financial burden of a deficiency balance on your finance contract in the event of a total loss of your Lexus due to theft, fire or accident.
GENUINE LEXUS ACCESSORIES WARRANTY
We maintain the highest level of excellence, even down to the smallest parts. Following is a summary of the Lexus Accessory Limited Warranty for genuine parts and accessories: We will either provide a replacement part or repair any Lexus part or accessory that is defective in material or workmanship. The applicable time period and/or mileage limitations are: READ MORE
For accessories purchased at the time of the new vehicle purchase, the Lexus Accessory Warranty coverage is in effect for 48 months/50,000 miles, from the vehicle’s in-service date, which is the same coverage as the new vehicle Basic Warranty.
For accessories purchased after the new vehicle purchase and installed by a Lexus dealer the coverage is 12 months for the parts and labor, regardless of mileage, from the date the accessory was installed on the vehicle, or the remainder of any applicable new vehicle warranty, whichever provides greater coverage.
Accessories purchased over the counter are covered for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Refer to your Lexus accessory limited warranty or documentation that accompanies accessory purchase for coverage and conditions. SHOW LESS