The Lexus Mobility Program supports the mobility needs of Lexus owners and/or family members with physical disabilities.
Lexus Mobility Assistance
Reimburses the vehicle owner up to $1,000 cash for after-market adaptive equipment for drivers and/or passengers when installed on any eligible Lexus vehicle purchased or leased 
new. This applies to model years 2001 and later. For details, refer to the Assistance Guidelines
and Reimbursement Application Form
sections of this Web site. Forms are also available from your local Lexus dealer or from most adaptive-equipment installers.
Comprehensive Mobility Resource Information
For a list of driver assessment centers and mobility-equipment dealers/installers by state, refer to Mobility Resources
Lexus Financial Services Mobility Financing
Available upon credit approval through Lexus Financial Services and participating Lexus dealers. Provides flexible, extended-term financing when persons with physical disabilities or their families purchase a new Lexus vehicle with the installed adaptive equipment (including installation costs). Please contact your local participating Lexus dealer for details.
Lexus will reimburse the cost up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer for purchasing and installation of qualifying adaptive driving or passenger equipment for transporting persons with physical disabilities 
. This offer applies to all Lexus vehicles purchased or leased new in 2001 or later. Leased 
vehicles require advance written lessor approval of adaptive-equipment installations.
1. Only new vehicles sold or leased and delivered to a retail customer by an authorized Lexus dealer are eligible for reimbursement. Fleet incentive recipients are not eligible.
2. The adaptive equipment must be installed within 12 months of vehicle purchase or lease. A Reimbursement Application Form
must be submitted to Lexus Customer Satisfaction within 90 days of complete installation of adaptive equipment.
3. Qualifying adaptive equipment or conversion is defined as any after-market alteration or equipment installation on an eligible Lexus vehicle that provides the disabled user with convenient access and/or the ability to drive the vehicle. Lexus factory options and Lexus accessories are NOT eligible for reimbursement.
4. A prescription or note from a licensed medical doctor on physician's letterhead is required for reimbursement, except as noted below. For a limited number of adaptations, such as hand controls and wheelchair or scooter hoists or ramps, no medical note or prescription is required. Running boards, alerting devices, pedal extenders and similar adaptations must have medical documentation. Running boards, trailer hitches and pedal extenders are not reimbursable if they are available as a factory option or dealer-installed accessory. For pedal-extender reimbursement, the customer must be medically diagnosed with a dwarfism condition. Questions about other adaptations should be directed to Lexus Customer Satisfaction at (800) 255-3987.
5. The Reimbursement Application Form
must be completed in its entirety and signed by the customer and the selling dealership. It should be mailed along with a copy of the vehicle sales or lease agreement, the adaptive-equipment company's paid invoice showing payment by the vehicle's owner, a Lessor Letter of Authorization (for leased 
vehicles), and a prescription or note from a licensed medical doctor on physician's letterhead (when required) to the following address:
LEXUS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
19001 SOUTH WESTERN AVENUE
MAIL DROP L201
TORRANCE, CA 90509-2991
Payment to the individual Mobility Assistance Program customer will be sent within 3-4 weeks after receipt of an approved claim form and all required documentation.
Please call Lexus Customer Satisfaction with any questions:
(800) 255-3987 or (800) 443-4999 - TDD
Steps To Mobility
Lexus supports the steps detailed in the U.S. Department of Transportation's brochure, Adapting Motor Vehicles for People With Disabilities
. Copies are available by calling (888) 327-4236 or visiting www.nhtsa.dot.gov
. The process includes these five steps:
1. Determine your state's driver's license requirements.
2. Evaluate your needs.
Use the Mobility Resources below to contact your local driver-assessment specialist to help identify the adaptive equipment most suited to your needs.
3. Select the right vehicle.
Consult with your evaluator, an adaptive-equipment installer and your local Lexus dealer to determine the Lexus model that's best for you.
4. Choose a qualified mobility equipment installer.
Always ask about qualifications, capabilities, experience, warranty coverage and service. Confirm they are members of the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) or another organization that has established vehicle conversion standards.
5. Obtain training on the use of the new equipment.
When this process is complete, follow the Assistance Guidelines
above, complete and submit the Reimbursement Application Form
within 90 days of adaptive-equipment installation. You can recover up to $1,000 of the cost of your adaptive equipment and/or conversion. In addition to the printable .pdf format
version on this Web site, forms are also available from your local Lexus dealer, from an adaptive-equipment installer or upon request by calling Lexus Customer Satisfaction at (800) 255-3987.
Driver Assessment Specialists
Contact a mobility equipment dealer in your area for advice on a driver assessment specialist to evaluate your vehicle operation abilities.
To find a mobility-equipment dealer/installer in your area to help supply and install the best adaptive equipment for you go to www.nmeda.org
, click on the "Dealer Location" pull-down menu and select your state.